Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Finding A Way

Well, very few of you know but Tony and I are tring to adopt. We found out today that we were pre approved to adopt in Ghana. We have our princess and our hope is to bring the love we share with her to another child who has never experienced the little moments we take for granted everyday. By American standards we are considered to live in poverty, because we make less than 30,000 a year. We have a clothes, house, 2 vehciles, pets, and food on our table 3 times a day. We are richer than 75% of the world. We have money in the bank very little but we do that makes us among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy. Even on our sickest days we are healthier than 1 million people who will not survie this week! How on earth can we as American be classified as being in poverty? We may not have a lot of money but we are wealthy, and blessed beyond most of our understanding! I can remember sitting on my grandma's lap and telling her I was going to adopt kids at a very young age. God has always made me aware that this was his plan for me.

So lets be honest, us adopting a child from another country seems total unreasonable! Our checking account has very little money in it and we are behind a truck payment, why on earth would we even consider adopting a child right?!? I don't have an answer other than my heart i feel like it's time. Starting today there are things that must change in order to make this dream a reality and to bring this little boy home. I have no idea what I am doing or how this process even works, but with a great friend and God walking me through each step of the way I know we will do this. Money: It cost more than my husband makes in an entire year to adopt this child. We will have to be creative and save every penny (literally); have yard sales, fund raisers, bake sales, apply for grants, no careless shopping, ext. It will be a lifestyle change for us, to save enough money to bring him home. I know if its meant to be it will find a way, I am not worried.  Im a firm believer that if God brings us to it, he will bring us through it. With him and everyones support and encouragement we can make this happen!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Keep the faith. I don't see how anothsr little boy made it over here, but he did. With God, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

    ReplyDelete