Thursday, December 20, 2012

I LIED!!!

I LIED.. My last post was not my last one for the year (that's the lie)!! :-) I have never been so happy to have to go back on something I said! We are ecstatic to to announce that we have been given a new referral of a little boy!! He is 4 years old, and is in the Ashanti region. We have an AMAZING POA in Ghana! I get to talk to him everyday, and he holds our adoption close to his heart, we are very blessed! So WHAT HAPPENS NOW?????

As you know we are doing this independent now. So the next thing we must do and ASAP  is file our I-600a. That is where we will go to Louisville and do our biometric finger prints. That is the light at the end of the tunnel. From what i understand this is will take about 30 days to get the prints back. Once we get it back we compile everything into our dossier and send it to Ghana. We only need I-600a, Tony's and Bri's birth certificate for the dossier. I have already gathered all the other documents needed. Once we send him our dossier he will set a court date and appear in court for us. Then we will get an apt to come file our I-600.This will be our first trip and when we get to meet our sweet little boy :'-) Then hopefully about 6 weeks later we will get to travel back and bring him home with us :-) OH HAPPY DAY!! This is an extremely rough timeline and I know to expect bumps in the along the way, but we are very prayerful that this will happen soon and smoothly

The only thing that is preventing us from traveling to Ghana the first week of Febuary is money. Once we get the funds needed we will be traveling. It is going to move very fast. Since we are doing our adoption independent we can not apply for grants. (If you know of any that fund independent PLEASE LET ME KNOW!) So I will be thinking of way to earn money. Don't forget if you want to help bring our little man home we would love donations. SO how much is it going to cost now? It will cost us 7,500..... THAT'S IT!!! Of course that does not include travel. So including travel about 12,000. The impression I got from our POA is we will be traveling as soon as we get our prints back. Other ways you can help is by donating airline miles to us. So keep that in mind, airfare will be the majority of our travel cost. If you can donate airline miles that will be a huge, GIGANTIC BLESSING!!

Our God is an amazing awesome God!! I have no doubts or worries about funding this adoption. It may not happen as fast as I want but I know it will happen. Please pray for me to have patients and not get discouraged.We plan to use our tax money for the majority. Hopefully we will only have to fundraisers and earn about 6,000. I am very optimistic and I know it can be done. We have an awesome support system that can't wait to bring this little guy home.

 PSALM 28:7 THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH AND MY SHIELD; IN HIM MY HEART TRUSTS, AND I AM HELPED; MY HEART EXULTS, AND WITH MY SONG I GIVE THANKS TO HIM

QUICK NOTE:
I have been asked: Are you going to tell Bri? Are you going to get attached before he gets here? I have been told DO NOT do either of the above, that we are setting our self up for heart break, b/c we COULD loose him too. MY RESPONSE: If you were my friend I would tell you the same thing! However it is IMPOSSIBLE! Attachment happens whether you want it to or not! Our family is growing and Bri knows. We are not getting her as involved yet. We are being more reserved with what we tell her, but she knows and has saw his picture. When you find out your pregnant you immediately start loving that child, and want to tell everyone as soon as soon as you find out. You wouldn't keep it to yourself b/c you might have a miscarriage....see what I am saying? God has a plan, who are we not to trust him? We are putting our hearts on the line, I feel like if we don't go all in we will miss out. Its not possible to work so hard and go across the world without falling in love. I wouldn't do these things for just any boy but I will move mountains to make this little boy our son and bring him home as soon as I possibly can! BE PREPARED I have my drive and passion back and I will do whatever it takes to get the money to bring my sweet little boy home! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PRAYERS

No comments:

Post a Comment