Saturday, October 11, 2014

I-600 APPROVAL!!

5am"ish" on April 25, 2014 my phone dings indicating I have an email. I was tired, I was comfortable, and the phone was not in my reach. I sarcastically say to myself "That's my I-600 approval, it can wait on me today!" Don't judge me, I have been jumping at my phone for a little over 2 years every time my email notification went off. every time, any hour.. I was tired and odds are my sarcastic predictions would be false.

7:30ish my sweet baby boy wakes up for the day. I stretch roll over and grab my phone. As I'm reaching I remember that "ding" and my heart starts to race as it has a million times before. This time it was a little faster, something was a little different. I look at my preview and it shows USCIS ACCRA, my heart stopped. This was it, either after all of these months of review and fighting would either prove fruitful and my sweet boy would come home or this was the end of our journey. I opened the email and it read:

Dear Irwin Family:
 
Thank you for sending these documents.
 
We have completed our review of the case. This is to inform you that the I-600 petition filed for I***** K******* I**** has been reviewed and approved.  This office has hand-delivered your approved petitions to our Consular Section at post.
 
 
This concludes all action by USCIS, Accra on this petition.
 
Thank you,
USCIS, Accra.
 

Let the worker works begin!! I began ugly crying and could not stop. So I tried to get it together and call everyone who was eagerly awaiting this email with me. First call my momma. I believed I scared her to death, she just knew that the petition was denied. When I could finally get it out that it was approved, she asked "Why are you crying?" Truth was I didn't know. I was happy, I couldn't believe that this email was finally here. I sat there and reread it at least 30 times. It still said approved, it never changed. I was forever thankful. It was finally time to prepare his room, buy clothes, and toys. IT WAS TIME TO GET READY FOR MY BOY TO COME HOME!! The best way to describe what I was feeling: Remember the last time you jumped into the deep end of the pool or a lake. At your deepest point if you open your eyes its dark and there is lots of pressure. As you come up, the pressure is less and the closer you get to the top the clearer it is. That's where I was: almost to the top ready to breath again for the first time in 2 years.  It felt soo good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment