Friday, June 15, 2012

God Funds What He Favors!

Wow, We have had a lot of AMAZING things happen since my last post! To quickly sum everything up, we had or first fundraiser, found the little boy that is now called our son, sent in the application fee and now starting the homestudy! Wheww.. I know alot of great things right! Now to go into detail and show how God is working so greatly in our life.
Saturday June 8, 2012
As you know I we have been getting reviews and searching the crap out of agencies. I feel like I could work for a few of them. My goal was to have found an agency by the date of our first fundraiser. On Saturday 8th w had a yard sale. My goal for the sale was 300 dollars. The amount of the application fee of the agency I thought we would be going with. When I told my husband this he kinda laughed and said good luck with that. Annoyed with him I said " You gotta have Faith" We agreed if it was meant to be we would raise the money needed for our application fee. All the Friday before we picked up donations and got the sale ready. It was a lot of work! We had so much stuff! We had a few customers, nothing like I expected that we would have. Just when I was ready to tuck my tail and tell my husband he was right its not our time to do this. I got a phone call someone bought all of our baby stuff and donate more money. Then we had a couple of very nice donations. My heart was racing and I couldn't stop the tears. God was funding our adoption, IT WAS MEANT TO BE! Our first fundraiser provided enough for the application fee and HALF of the homestudy...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

REWIND

May 2012
When we first decided to adopt we joined rainbowkids. It is a website that shows you the pictures and information on "waiting children". I stayed up until 1:30 viewing all 1683 children's profiles. ANY child that interested me I saved as "my rainbowkids" The next day when Tony got off work he viewed my list of interests. We both fell in love with the same little boy. So I decided to contact his agency, as it turned out he was in Haiti and we did not meet Haiti's guidelines. We both were heart broken and didn't pay too much attention to the other kids I saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment