Sunday, July 29, 2012

Homestudy Report...

     Hello everyone, I feel like its been forever since I posted a blog! Since our last post we have had our homestudy I have started a full time job and my daughter has been talking about her brother everday!
        HOMESTUDY- The homestudy went AMAZINGLY well! Our social worker came in and made her self at home. I thought I would be a nervous mess and say the wrong things. I was wrong as soon as she walked in the door a calmness came over me and i felt like I was talking to a friend. We talked about what school B** would go to,  her daughter and whatever else came to mind. When the actual homestudy start we had individual interviews. I was so nervous about this. Come to find out we had nothing to be nervous about all the questions she asked us we had already answered in the packet she gave us. What a relief! The questions were about our life growing up, and our family history easy stuff! After our interviews she did a quick walk through of the house and B** showed her doll house her bed and "Chases" room. She told her that she was her sister and Tony and I were his mommy and daddy now. MY baby girl knows how to melt anyones heart! Before she left she said "You Passed!" tears of joy!! She told us that we need our pysicals and to do the video training and once that was turned she had 2 weeks to get our report written and for it to be complete! PRAISE GOD!! We could not have asked for a better social worker or homestudy all that worrying and cleaning was for nothing :-)
          I just want to share a conversation B** and I had tonight. As I was fixing dinner she said " Mommy I can't wait to meet my brother!" ME: Me either baby! B**: "Mommy there are other kids with "Chase" right?" ME: Yes, baby why do you ask that?" B**: Mommy they don't have a mommy daddy or a sister either. ME: No baby girl they sure don't! B**: Mommy can we be their sister, mommy, and daddy too? They need us just like "Chase"! ME: Well, baby girl I think thats a great idea, but you know there are some Mommy and Daddy's that dont have any kids. We should just get "Chase" home and give someone else a chance to have a son or daughter. B**: Yeah, Cause we should share! ME: Thats right baby! Maybe after we get "Chase" home if there are boys and girls left that still dont have a mommy daddy or sister we can ask Jesus to find us another one join our family! What do you think? B**: Or brother..if they don't have a mommy daddy sister or brother cause "Chase" will be with us remember. ME: Exactly right baby B**: Sounds like a great idea to me!! I bet Jesus wants us to have a sister next...
      WOW!! My daughter is 4 years old, and has more compassion and a bigger heart than most adults in this world! This coversation made me proud, and my heart almost burst! I guess we're doing something right. She's 4 years old...and worried about the other kids that dont have a mommy daddy or sister! I pray that her heart never changes and that she will stay full of love and compassion. It really just blows my mind to think of all the way our great God is connecting dots and making this adoption possible and filling our families heart with his glory and allowing this adoption to make us better Christians. Through out this entire process I have thought I am so thankful and feel so blessed how do I say thank you to God? Then when I went to the Light Church they played a song by Steven Curtis Chapman titled Listen to our Hearts. It is exactly how I feel I encourage you to listen to it but here is my favorite 2 verses:
              But words are not enough To tell You of our love So listen to our hearts....
              So if You listen to my heart Every beat would say, "Thank You for the Life, thank You for the Truth, thank You for the Way."


Read more: STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN - LISTEN TO OUR HEARTS LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/listen-to-our-hearts-lyrics-steven-curtis-chapman.html#ixzz224cKHJ5B
Copied from MetroLyrics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment