Monday, July 2, 2012

TIMELINE

Hello Everybody! We go for our first homestudy apt. this Thursday. Continued prayers for a speedy homestudy are appreiated. We have been told from other adoptive families this is the hardest part. Anyways, this blog is just an informative blog. Our agency sent me an email today with a timeline of events and I'll add expenses to it.
             1.) Homestudy           $1,500   (ASAP)    2-3 months
                  FEES: admin fee,   $750     (ASAP)     
                  Agency fee 1         $2,000 (ASAP)  
              2.) Apply for (I-600A) when homestudy is complete  
                   FEE: I-600A Filing fee $720
                   Biometric Fingerprint fee $85 per adult
              3.) Send completed dossier to Ghana after (I-600A) approval
                   FEES: In country processing $4,000
                            Agency Fee 2            $2,000
                            Child doc. and legal   $3,500
                            Shots b4 travel p/p    $1,000
              4.) Social Inquiry report Investigation (2-3months)
                   FEES: In-country costs        $1,000
                            Charitable donation   $1,500
                            Agency Fee 3            $3,000
              5.) FIRST TRIP TO GHANA (12-14 days) THIS IS WHERE WE WILL MEET OUR SWEET SWEET BOY AND ATTEND COURT DATE!!
                   FEES: P/P travel expenses   $3,000
              6.) In-country coordinator applies for Birth Certificate
              7.) Family can schedule I-600 apt. when Birth Certificate is received. Family returns home when I-600 is submitted. (takes up to 60 days to receive I-600 approval.)
              8.) Visa packet and child medical exam takes place after I-600 is approved.
              9.) SECOND TRIP TO GHANA TO GET OUR SWEET LITTLE BOY!! 1  WEEK STAY.
                  FEES: P/P TRAVEL EXPENSES $3,000
              10.) WELCOME HOME BABY BOY, WELCOME HOME!!!! YOUR NOT AN ORPHAN ANYMORE!!

Of course the length of time and costs can change without notice at anytime. I'm going to assume it will be pretty close to accurate. I don't think I have left anything out. If I did its because I don't know about it. THANK YOU all for your support and prayers. We couldn't do this without you and we are forever thankful for each and every one of you! 

Here is the link to our adopt together account. ANY amount you choose to donate 100% comes directly to us. Once it is complete you will receive a email with a tax exempt reciept. Thank you again.

http://adopttogether.org/irwin/
             

No comments:

Post a Comment