Sunday, March 30, 2014

OVER-JOYED!!

Now where did I leave off?!? Oh, yeah I received a NOID (NOTICE OF INTENT TO DENY)  on our I-600 stateside filing and the Dr. told me my baby was breach and scheduled me a c-section. My next Dr apt was the last one I would have before the surgery. As I walked in the office I remember praying over and over again this is your story God, I trust you. This is your story i trust you, OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Anytime, those prayers stopped, that tiny voice in the back of my head was screaming at God, I was terrified, and wanted to know WHY he was doing this. I just didn't understand and was losing faith fast. 

There i was at the last doctors appointment before c-section and I was dreading it. As i sat in the waiting room I again kept saying to myself "god is in control, i trust him. Of course i waited longer that appointment than all the others combine. My nerves were a mess and i was ready to get back there and get it over with. 

Finally after what seemed to be a couple years of waiting they called me back. Again, i sat waiting for what seemed like another 5 years for the Dr to come in and check me. The only thing good about all that waiting was it gave me more time to beg God to flip the baby so we could have a natural delivery. When the doctor finally came into the room we talked about the c-section he tried to calm my fears but all he did was make them worse and upset me more. However, the only good thing i remember about all of it was he said he would allow my mom and Tony to be in there but only b/c i was so upset and he knew he much it meant to me.  I really think he felt bad because of the way things worked out when Bri was born in California. Believe me he knew all about it and how i wanted my momma there!

So there I was falling off the table and my legs in the air. It felt as if he were going to pull the baby right out of me!! He kept making funny faces and mumbling stuff. Then he demanded the nurse to go get an ultra sound machine. Over and over again i kept saying "whats wrong?" "Is everything OK?" He never answered me. When they nurse came back in he smiled really big and said your not going to believe this but i think the baby flipped. I'm almost 99% sure hes head down. The ultrasound proved it, he was head down! God had answered our prayer and the baby was head down! Praise god to the highest! I got dressed and we went on and scheduled an appointment to be induced the next Tuesday. I didn't care to be induced at that point as long as I wasn't being cut on. I did not want to chance the baby flipping again.

Fast Forward to Monday Sept. 23 the day before my due date and date to be induced. Since my last appointment i had cramped quit a bit but it was nothing to be concerned over. I knew my baby was head down and working his way to delivery. On Monday I remember when i was getting Bri ready for school we were almost late because i was cramping so much. They were consistent and hard cramps/ contractions. After i dropped her off i called my aunt, Tony and my mom and let them know that i was cramping heavy, and we might be going to the hospital sooner than expected. We were supposed to go in at 4:30 that night (Tuesday morning)  if at all possible we were going to wait. I timed them they would always be strong and steady for about an hour then they would stop for while. This happened all day, so we never went to the hospital. That night we took Bri to my aunts so that she could take her to school Tuesday morning. We got back home i did last min picking up and went to bed i was a nervous wreck and exhausted. 

4:30 came quick. The alarm was going off we got up and headed to the hospital. I actually remembering waking up a little before 4:30 because i
started cramping again. From that moment on everything went extremely fast. 
 4:30 checked into hospital started paperwork and "prepping"
5:30 cramping gets more intense so they hooked me to monitor "looks like you would've been here anyways huh" stated one nurse
6:30 IV/ fluids

8:00 Dr T came in and checked me
8:30 requested epidural
9:00 they checked me again
9:30 got epidural

                                                                                                                        
10:00 Dr T came in checked me again. told me do not push that he was going next door to deliver and he would be right back. He walked out of the room and i felt pressure and knew he was coming!

10:28 3 pushes later they put this tiny, slimy, gross, baby boy on me that was screaming his little lungs out. 


Of course everything was so exciting everyone wanted in to see him. Once everyone at the hospital saw him Tony's mom and day went and got Bri from school. She was so excited from the first moment we told her she was going to be a sister. I couldn't wait for her to meet her baby brother. She glowed when she saw him, she was proud! "I wonder what Isaiah will think of him?" she innocently asked. Little did she know she crumbled me into pieces, i just knew he would be home by this point, and i was heart broken. I knew what i had to do, i couldn't waste another minute i had to get my sweet boy home!

All the excitement calmed and everyone left so I could rest some and I did BUT first i remember, I got on my cell phone and I emailed our USCIS officer. I requested to withdraw our I-600 filing from stateside. I then emailed the Ghana embassy. I explained our situation and told them i knew it wasn't common but we wanted our POA to file the i-600 for us IMMEDIATELY without us being there. Everything was so perfect in that moment in time except the fact that Isaiah wasn't there. All of my emotions caught up with me. I was sad because my baby girl wanted to share such a special moment with her brother that was across the world. I was angry that he wasn't home and i felt a huge amount of guilt for not trusting that God would provide the funds and delaying our process. I was angry at myself. I was angry that i was angry and couldn't even enjoy the birth of my new baby boy. I just didn't understand any of Gods timing. Looking back NOW I DO, NOW I UNDERSTAND!
                                                                
                                                         Romans 12:12
                   Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.











No comments:

Post a Comment