Monday, March 31, 2014

WHAT THE CRAP!! Part 1

Two days isn't nearly enough time in the hospital once you have a baby! With Bri we left the hospital right at 24 hours later, and i was happy we only had a few days before Tony went overseas. However, i must say having your meals brought to you not having dishes to clean up and sending the baby down the hall when you want to sleep or take a bath it was kinda nice! However, all great things come to an end and before i knew it was time for us to go home. Honestly, i was ready to get used to our new addition and new routine as a family of four in our home.  Actually going home wasn't so bad at all our church set up for dinner to be delivered the first 2 weeks we were home. That was such a blessing! 


I don't remember the exact time from being home from the hospital until I received the "email" from the Ghana embassy. Remember my friend had assured me we had nothing to worry about, that the next email we would get should be our i-600 approval if we had all supporting evidence. Well, that is not the email i received. The email i received said.....(piece from actual email)

Thank you for your e-mail.
Physical presence at some point is essential to the jurisdiction of the overseas post. The adoptive parents must actually be “physically present” in country for their Form I-600 to be considered properly “filed.” However, if the adoptive parents wish to file through their Power of Attorney (POA), they may send the completed form and evidence to their POA who must submit them in person on their behalf. They need to make sure that in support of the petition, evidence is attached showing that they have already been to Ghana at some point during the adoption process or state that they will be in Ghana before a determination is made by USCIS Accra.
As previously stated, physical presence at some point is essential to the jurisdiction of the overseas post. USCIS Accra WILL NOT make a determination on the petition if the adoptive parents have not been physically present at some point during the adoption process.

WHAT THE CRAP DOES THAT MEAN?!?! I CLEARLY  SEE WHAT IT SAYS BUT I COULD NOT ACCEPT WHAT I WAS READING!! WE HAD NOT BEEN TO GHANA!! WE HAD NOT MET OUR SWEET BOY YET!! WHAT THE CRAP WERE WE GOING TO DO!! WHAT THE CRAP!!!! 

So what do you do in the time of crisis? You cry, you pray, you cry, you pray, you throw up, because you realize that your adoption has come to an abrupt stop until you get to his country and meet him. You realize that you just had a baby your husband just went back to work, you have no money in savings, can barely afford to pay your bills. You realize only God himself will make it possible for you to go. So what do you do? You get on Priceline and you look at booking plane tickets. PANIC!!! Not only have you just been told your adoption has come to an abrupt stop until you get to Ghana, but now Priceline is telling you that if you don't book the next week tickets will double in price! WHAT THE CRAP!!! I am very good with going with the flow, keeping God at the center and trusting his timing in everything. So to me it seemed like God was being direct and demanding "GO, GO NOW"! So you cry, you pray and you get on Facebook, you tell what has just happen and you beg, for anyone who can help to help. The response was amazing and nothing short of God's work. 
     
PSALM 34:17 The LORD hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles.


A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Our friends, family and church heard the desperate cries that i plastered all over the social media site. Our church made a special exception and paid for our plane tickets. They heard my crys and !!BOOM!! Just like that the biggest expense was taking care of. UNBELIEVABLE and UNEXPECTED!! Next I sat down I sent a text message to a family member that I knew would be able to help us with the rest, if she wanted. I didn't hear back, so I panicked and started ugly crying. I got on my knees and begged "God, Why are you demanding us to go know when we are not prepared. This is so unexpected! WHY!? Please make it clear if this is what we are supposed to be doing. Please God provide a way" I know with all of my heart if God brings you to it, he will see you through it. Why was I questioning him? Well, that's simple because I am human. I am full of sin because of this instead of standing firm in my faith and trusting the Lord with all my heart, i doubt and question. Sin is the reason we doubt and question God, we have such little faith when times get tough. So many of us are too busy to hear when the lord calls us to do something. God had this trip planned and funded long before i knew. Why do i I always forget this..oh yeah I'm human!

Matthew 17:20 He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.” (Jesus Speaking)

 The next day my aunt called back she was working had saw my Facebook post and had picked up the phone to see what we needed when she read my text. Gods timing perhaps? She sent us enough money to take care of the rest of the trip. ARE YOU SERIOUS? HOW ABOUT THAT FOR AN ANSWERED PRAYER?! The entire trip taken care of with 2 people showing the love of Jesus, to help us see that we finish out his plan for us! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

This verse is easy to me, because in our adoption walk, so many things have happen to us; Funds have been provided, people have been met, things have happened that is beyond my own understanding. Things that i now know was hands hand putting us on the path he has chosen.

Part 2 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment