Monday, March 31, 2014

WHAT THE CRAP PART 2

We were beyond excited! The trip was taken care of now for the important things here stateside, MY BABIES here. I believe Logan was 3 weeks old and Bri had to be a school every day. The search was on. I trust VERY few people with my babies. Of those few people the one that were physical able to meet the demands of a newborn and transport needs of Bri limited to even fewer. Again, family a few trusted friends came together. HONESTLY, the people that have stepped up and walked with us in this process have become more than friends they are now my family and I COULDN'T imagine my life without them. Our missional community group is amazing and now a part of our family. HA YOUR STUCK WITH US WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!! LOL!! Everything was working out so perfect and i knew we were going to file paperwork so we could proceed with the adoption and get our sweet boy home, but it felt like there was something missing! I felt like we were going for more just didn't have a clue what it was.

FINALLY my babies are taken care of the trip cost is taken care of we are ready to go!! We made lists checked it twice nothing was missing we left in 5 days!! Nothing was missing expect the 2 THINGS WE NEEDED TO ENTER THE COUNTRY!! Our Visas and yellow fever card!! The problem was you can't get Visa until you get the yellow card!! AHHHH!! WHAT THE CRAP! ARE YOU SERIOUS!! On top of that our POA had sent me a text saying we needed to come up with money so we could fly to the town our son was it if we wanted to see him. You have got to be kidding me! Does he think we  have a money tree?!? We weren't going all the way to Ghana and not meeting our son. At this point i was so done with asking people for help financially, i was embarrassed that i had forgotten the two most important things. SO again i get on Facebook this time i sent a private email. I only told a select few that have followed our adoption from the start and again asked for help. Of course God provided, we were going on this trip he was making it clear! (Friday before we left) I called the Passport health office told them the situation. They told us come in as soon as tony got off of work they would stay open and wait for us. If we missed this appointment we would have to reschedule our flights. So Tony got home at 3:45, we made it to his moms in Rockport to drop the kids off at 4ish then drove as fast as we could to the Passport health office. We made just a few mins after 5. WHEW PRAISE GOD FOR NO SPEEDING TICKETS OR WRECKS! They were so nice gave us our shots and yellow fever card. Now the only thing we needed to do was get our Visa application in the mail.

Saturday 3 days until we left: We got up early went to Wal-Greens and took our passport photos and headed to the post office. Thank goodness my father in law was working! I knew everything would done right as long as he was there. Guess what...THE POST OFFICE WAS ALREADY CLOSED!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! The devil had his game face on and was doing everything he could to stop this trip! Remember i just said my father in law was working. What a blessing that was! I just stood there in front of the locked post office doors, tears in my eyes. I was done. I was giving up everything from the time I received that letter had been a struggle. When I got back to the car Tony saw the hurt and disappointment on my face. Then his phone rang. It was his dad! He said he was still there to come on in and he would go one and take care of us and get it sent off. I couldn't believe this was happening so i got up took all of our papers and ran in. We got our Visa over nighted they were guaranteed back Tuesday at 12.

Tuesday noon the mail ran no passports. I freaked out! I got online the tracking number we had wasn't correct. I called the Houston office. They did not have our passports there. THEY WERE LOST!!  We were leaving the next morning and they were lost!! I got on the phone and called the travel agent who booked our tickets. I told him we were going to need to rebook on his voicemail but to please call me before he cancelled anything. As soon as i hung up the phone Tony's dad called his phone, HE HAD OUR PASSPORTS!! They came i after our carrier had left!! All of the chaos was exhausting and kept waiting for something to go wrong!

Wednesday October 30 We got up took Bri to school as normal kisses her goodbye and cried like fools as we drove away. I already missed her like crazy! We went home finished packing our things for the trip double checked and made sure we had everything and waited for mom to come pick us up!

11:30 am we were off to the airport! We were really on our way to Ghana for the first time to see me sweet boy! I couldn't wait i was nervous. I wondered what he would think about me? Will it be that perfect picture of instant love you see on the movies where he would come running at me with his arms open? Did he know we were coming? Oh, I hoped he was as excited to see us as we were him!

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment